[Chicago] Good Tech Bookstores in Chicagoland?

Ted Pollari tcp at mac.com
Mon Jan 7 23:04:01 CET 2008

On Jan 7, 2008, at 3:56 PM, David Goodger wrote:

> Actually, this will be our first time.  I believe O'Reilly sold books
> at the 2003 or 2004 PyCon, but it wasn't really a "bookstore".

Fair enough -- I remembered them selling books, so it registered in my

> At
> OSCON in Portland a local tech bookstore (Powell's) had a large
> presence, and it was a good service for attendees.

If I'm not mistaken, Powell's is a nation chain (though a bit more
respectable in book circles, from the little I've heard, than say,
B&N) -- if that's the case, we could likely approach one of the local
Powell's and see if they'd be interested.