[Chicago] Good Tech Bookstores in Chicagoland?

Aaron Lav asl2 at pobox.com
Tue Jan 8 00:49:03 CET 2008

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 04:04:01PM -0600, Ted Pollari wrote:
> If I'm not mistaken, Powell's is a nation chain (though a bit more
> respectable in book circles, from the little I've heard, than say,
> B&N) -- if that's the case, we could likely approach one of the local
> Powell's and see if they'd be interested.

The Powell's in Portland and Chicago are independent (although run by
relatives), and there are no others: see

If I remember correctly, nerdbooks.com ran a bus to their store for
the Dallas PyCon one year: that worked better for me, since I could
browse everything they had instead of just what they thought would
sell at the conference.

    Aaron (asl2 at pobox.com / http://www.pobox.com/~asl2)