[Chicago] Review Board reviewed

jason gessner jason at multiply.org
Tue Jan 22 00:21:53 CET 2008

hi skip.

i just set this up on a work machine and it was definitely trial and
error without great docs.

from the getting started guide at
http://code.google.com/p/reviewboard/wiki/GettingStarted

make sure you have all of the python requirements installed:
pysvn (if using svn)
PIL (used for screenshots, but it doesn't seem to run if you don't
have it there).

I had the most trouble with pysvn.  On my older ubuntu machine (edgy)
i could not get pysvn to access my svn over https repo without
segfaulting.  I upgraded to feisty, recompiled and all was well.

Once you have the settings running, fire up the server and go to the
admin site.  Create whatever users you want, plus review groups and a
repository.  Once that is all set up, you should be able to go to the
root of the server and create a new review request.

hopefully that helps a bit.  I am goig to verify my setup instructions
with someone else at work if people like the app, so when i do that,
i'll post up the instructions.

So far the app is pretty nice.  Anyone else used it?

-jason