[Chicago] import question

Pete pfein at pobox.com
Wed Jan 23 18:48:49 CET 2008

On Wednesday January 23 2008 12:34:32 pm Massimo Di Pierro wrote:
> When people write code, they should not assume that their modules are
> going to be installed in site-packages or in a location in sys.path.

Umm, yes, they should.  Prior to 2.5's relative imports, you didn't have a
choice, and I don't think relative imports solve every situation.

Perhaps *you* shouldn't assume you can just take someone's code and install it
however you happen to feel like today and expect it to work.

Peter Fein   ||   773-575-0694   ||   pfein at pobox.com
http://www.pobox.com/~pfein/   ||   PGP: 0xCCF6AE6B
irc: pfein at freenode.net   ||   jabber: peter.fein at gmail.com