[Chicago] requirements tracking in python

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Thu Jan 24 21:22:13 CET 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 11:08 AM, Pete <pfein at pobox.com> wrote:

> Though as Chris mentions, this is kinda getting more into methodology than
> tools.

Sorry about that. I was hoping for someone to say, oh yeah, check out
srsly, a requirement tracking django project. it has everything you
need including email and eliza.

Sort of like learning about reviewboard.

> On that note, do people really work off pre-defined specs?  We find that we
> start out with a rough idea of what we're trying to do and refine the *idea*
> as we implement.  In software, I find it's hard to know what you want until
> you're halfway there.  IMO, that's little-a agile.

Depends. If you need to drop IDEA into a system that follows the APCO
OTAR protocol? hells yess. and if you have to have someone from the
government come over to review your code anytime you make a change?
heavens to betsyes.

If you need to do something at a 1000 company, maybe yes, maybe no.

10 people, not so much.

--
sheila