[Chicago] july

Cosmin Stejerean cstejerean at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 20:20:21 CEST 2008

Last night I offered to give a presentation on GPU programming with
CUDA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA) and some degree of Python at
the July meeting. I'd like to make sure we don't have anything else
planned and that people are interested so I can start putting together
the presentation.

Background:

The latest generation of GPUs (video cards) from Nvidia can perform
close to 1 teraFLOP. By comparison the latest Intel CPUs can achieve
around 70 gigaFLOPS. Learning how to take advantage of the power the
GPU can deliver speed-ups of up to 100x to certain applications in the
fields of audio/video encoding, computer vision, computational
finance, computational biology, physics simulations, etc.

--
Cosmin Stejerean
http://blog.offbytwo.com