[Chicago] Jython and doctests

Garrett Smith g at rrett.us.com
Wed Jul 16 21:40:08 CEST 2008

Wow -- another hideous offspring of the genetically malformed (talking about the constraints of Java - not the good folks trying to make the best of it!)

I'm thinking of something quite different.

I'm sure everyone's tired of my junit rants, but let me reiterate: I hate junit. I'd like to test Java  by writing "doctest code" in a txt file that uses Jython's standard interface into the VM. I was wondering if any of our resident Jython users have seen/heard of this.

This would be possible with jpype, but that introduces CPython into the mix, which isn't needed in this case.