[Chicago] Work at Juju!

Pete pfein at pobox.com
Mon Jun 2 15:15:14 CEST 2008

My company Juju is looking to hire another developer. Please apply at http://juju.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=careers&p=applyToJob&ID=21112
  Send questions to work at juju.com

`Juju, Inc. <http://www.juju.com>`__ (Telecommute)

**Job Description**: Juju, a popular vertical search engine focused on
jobs, seeks skilled **Python Developer** for fun and profit.

Juju's goal is to make job search easier using technology and
thoughtful user interface design. We strive to create groundbreaking
tools that make it faster and easier for online job seekers to find
exactly what they’re looking for. Our job search engine provides a
single point of access to millions of jobs found on thousands of
employer websites and job boards around the web, and offers features
that help job seekers screen and apply to the right opportunities more
efficiently.

Our work to date has enabled us to attract millions of unique visitors
every month, and laid a solid foundation for the future. But, the best
is yet to come and we need talented, creative programmers to help us
meet our ambitious goals. If you:

- have deep python experience
- want to work with bright, motivated people
- enjoy tackling BIG problems with clever code

send us an application or just drop us a note. If you don’t have all
of the skills below, but think you’re a great fit, apply anyway and
tell us why.

Employees are given substantial freedom to design and implement
solutions, and allocate their own time. We telecommute and maintain a
demanding, but flexible, work environment. The team is US based, but
we will consider qualified global applicants. Project and part-time
arrangements are possible.

Candidates should be experienced, well-rounded programmers, familiar
with a range of practices, including maintaining a shared code base,
object-oriented design, network programming, multithreading,
optimization, and unit testing. The ability to communicate effectively
with coworkers while working independently with limited oversight is
essential.

**NOTE:** *In addition to the position described below, we’re
looking for a System Administrator and an experienced User Interface
Designer. If that's you, just mention that when applying via the link
below.*

**Desired Interest/Experience**:

- Text search & analysis
- RESTful distributed computing & storage
- Web crawling techniques
- Automated text extraction & machine learning
- Building interactive web apps

**Desired Technical Background**:

- Python, Python, Python!
- Linux or other modern UNIX
- Subversion & Trac
- protocol-level HTTP: lighttpd, pound, squid
- Storage Engines: Lucene, SQLite, metakit, memcached
- Twisted
- HTML/XML/JSON

* **Contact**: Juju HR
* **Apply Here**: http://juju.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=careers&p=applyToJob&ID=21112