[Chicago] Vim or Emacs

Tm Ottinger tottinge at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 13:14:35 CEST 2008

Certainly, but if you develop skills with vim, emacs, and/or eclipse you also get an additional thrill as the code appears almost as you think it, and seems to dance on the screen.  It is something nano, notepad, and VS.NET cannot give  .

Of course these thrills cost you at least a  month of painfully tedious practice and lower productivity before muscle memory and productive habits take over.

I mainly like vim because it doesn't use weird key "chords" so much other than ^w for gui window commands.  Once you know it, it is more like typing normally.