[Chicago] [Flourish] Framework Rumble

Massimo Di Pierro mdipierro at cs.depaul.edu
Wed Jun 18 07:52:53 CEST 2008

Your web site quotes:

"""
WAFD Rumble

Flourish Conference 2008 planned to host a Web Application Framework
Development (WAFD) Rumble competition where representatives from
different open source web framework projects would have the
opportunity to compete to see who can develop the best website in the
shortest amount of time.  Due to scheduling constraints, the WAFD
Rumble was rolled into the Code for a Cause Hack-a-thon.  Please
refer to the Code for a Cause Hack-a-thon page for more information
on that event.
"""

This is FALSE!

The email below is what I was told the day of the Rumble and I came
to pick up the rules (and other people did so) and I have
participated. I spend 24 hours working on the project I was assigned,
despite the fact that the rules had been changed at the last moment,
and neglecting my family. At least an acknowledgment that there was a
Rumble and I participated is in order. If nobody else delivered a
project  and so you do not want to declare a winner, that is your
choice and I can understand that. Nevertheless you should say that
clearly.

This is inappropriate and offensive because makes me look like a liar
before people who do not know better. Many people saw me there
working on the rumble. I am cc-ing everybody who has received the
notification of the start of the Rumble on April 4.  I attached our
correspondence before and after the Rumble.

This is a video of the project I delivered: http://www.vimeo.com/876779

Massimo

Massimo Di Pierro
Associate Professor