[Chicago] MeetUp

Chris McAvoy chris.mcavoy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 18:38:41 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 9:54 PM, Brian Ray <bray at sent.com> wrote:
> Should we consider using MeetUp again?  At the very beginning we used it but
> nobody wanted to pay.
>
> Do not get me wrong, I think our anarchical methodologies work for us 80% of
> the time. Its the other 20% I wish to capture. And I do not like structure
> beyond what is enforceable by whitespace.

I don't have a strong opinion either way.  Meetup is pretty nice,
especially for the cross-pollination effect and ease of finding
groups, but I don't think we _need_ it to thrive.  As for the cost,
I'm 100% sure we can pass that on as some sort of corporate
sponsorship deal.

So, basically, if the consensus is to go with meetup, let's go with meetup.

Chris