[Chicago] MeetUp

Tom Tobin korpios at korpios.com
Thu Jun 26 19:29:08 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Ted Pollari <tcp at mac.com> wrote:
> Honestly, there's just something about meetup that rubs me the wrong way.
>
> But, seriously, what's broken with how ChiPy has been working up until now?
>  If that can't be spelled out clearly, this is a solution in search of a
> problem.

I don't like the idea of using Meetup; lock-in of any sort seems an
evil to be avoided.  Although, as someone who hasn't managed to attend
a single ChiPy meeting (save at PyCon) since moving here in December,
I'd certainly like to know the when-and-where of meetings a month in
advance.  (Pot calling kettle black: I'm having enough trouble getting
the when-and-where settled for the Chicago Djangonauts *mere days
before* ... but yeah!)  ^_^