[Chicago] MeetUp

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Thu Jun 26 22:29:25 CEST 2008

Chris McAvoy wrote:
> Nothing's broken, but it's always good to think of ways to push the
> language down people's throats.  I was always pretty much anti-meetup
> until my wife became a SAHM (stay at home Mom), she's found a ton of
> good meetups.  Brian is right, that we might see a lift in
> participation if we incorporate meetup.

If we want to boost participation, which is probably a good idea, a
simple list of "places to submit meeting announcements" would be really
handy.  There's a couple related event announcement blogs, we could have
a blog of our own just dedicated to announcements, some mailing lists,
and Meetup as well could be an item.  Though Meetup is weird in that
they aren't very helpful about being one announcement location among many.

--
Ian Bicking : ianb at colorstudy.com : http://blog.ianbicking.org