[Chicago] GAE queries

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Fri Jun 27 18:52:00 CEST 2008

Massimo Di Pierro wrote:
> Most of the GAE functionality is supported by the web2py ORM and *any*
> program written with web2py for GAE works on other databases
> (mysql,postgresql,sqlite, oracle (and mssq soon)). The opposite is not
> true. For example
>
>     db(db.table.field='value').select(db.table.ALL,orderby=~db.tabel.field)
>
> works everywhere including GAE but
>

> db((db.table.field='value')&(db.othertable.id==db.table.referencefield)).select(db.table.ALL,orderby=~db.tabel.field)
>

> does not work on GAE because it does a join.

Somewhere I have some code to do 'client side join' when the base tables were on
different data sources (servers).  worst case I dig it up and we figure out how
to use it as designed.  my hunch is GAE provides something better.

post some code from kpax - maybe we can figure out how to make it run.

Carl K