[Chicago] My visit to the conference hotel

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Sun Mar 2 01:45:36 CET 2008

>>     * Vegan options are still a bit up-in-the air.  It's fairly uncommon to
>>       get pastries made without eggs, for example.  We'll have to press
>> them a little to satisfy that option I think.
>
> Strict vegan/halal/kosher folk probably expect to find/bring their own food in
> general.  Given the tiny numbers of people asking for such meals (less than
> 1%  total), I don't think it's unreasonable to encourage them to seek lunch
> elsewhere - it's not like an airplane flight with no other options.

bah.  we own the hotel.  If we tell anyone to do anything, it will be telling
the hotel to get us some special food.

Carl K
(a carnivore, but sensitive to the desires of his fellow species)

Now only if there was a corn-free option.

(there is corn everywhere.  even a gin and tonic has high fructose corn syrup,
unless you go for the rat poison based sweetener.)