[Chicago] [PyCON-Organizers] My visit to the conference hotel

Feihong Hsu hsu.feihong at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 2 04:26:46 CET 2008

I recently took the CTA to get to Rosemont and thought I would add my thoughts. I think it takes a more than 5 minutes to get from the station to the hotel (it's more like 10). Especially if you aren't sure of the way and are lugging your baggage behind you. Immediately upon exiting the station, there were no street signs in plain view so I was at a loss as to which direction to go. Also, with the snow piled up, I wasn't even sure where the walkways were. I ended up following this one guy, hoping he was going towards where I wanted to go :-\

So yeah, I think if they allow us we ought to post some signs at the CTA station, with some pointers on which way to walk (for the record, once you exit the station you turn left immediately, then turn left again, walk under the overpass, keep walking for half a mile, and the hotel is on the other side of the road).

I don't know what the weather will be like in March, but there was a decent amount of ice on the sidewalk last Thursday (mostly under the overpass, which doesn't get much sun). I'm used to walking on ice, but if you're from warmer climes... Well, I hope we can arrange a shuttle to the hotel.

David Goodger <goodger at python.org> wrote: [Ted Pollari - 2008-03-01 17:32]
[re hotel shuttle]
> The hotel's webpage states that trips to or from the blue line are
> possible, all you need to do is call/ask.  Are you thinking we should
> ask for regular service there on the mornings of the conference (i.e.
> the peak times people'd want the ride from the blue line)?

Yes, exactly.

--
David Goodger