[Chicago] [PyCON-Organizers] My visit to the conference hotel

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Mar 4 04:41:39 CET 2008

    Don> People indicated their dietary preference at registration.

There were no "carnivore" or "omnivor" options.  If someone didn't specify
one of the more restrictive dietary options we know nothing about what they
will eat.  In fact, I will happily eat cheese or veggie pizza instead of a
sausage pizza or a roasted veggie burrito instead of a steak burrito.

Also, given the fact that over 10% of the registrations marked "vegetarian"
or "vegan" and the hotel's initial stab at a lunch menu included *no*
vegetarian options I believe they should cut back on the meat-based
sandwiches and offer some vegetarian/vegan options.  That's what I've told
them in my discussions with them.

Skip