[Chicago] Teach Me <something> at a ChiPy meeting?

Atul Varma varmaa at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 17:00:48 CET 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Martin Maney <maney at two14.net> wrote:

> >   * Teach me generators
>
> Generators per se are pretty simple, no?  They do seem to get used in all
> sorts of non-obvious ways...

Yeah, I was thinking more of the non-obvious ways I guess... Especially 2.5's
ability to send a generator information--it'd be great to see examples of
when this is useful, and where to draw the line between using a generator in
a way that makes code more understandable vs. more obfuscated.

Following up on Chris' comments, I think a "teach me SQLAlchemy" would be
cool.  Instead of "Teach me threading/forking", though, I would do a "Teach
me concurrency", which would basically help people figure out what kinds of
concurrency options are available and how to choose between them--e.g.
threads, processes, greenlets, deferreds, generators, etc.  I guess that is
kind of insanely broad, but it could be neat.

- Atul