[Chicago] Teach Me <something> at a ChiPy meeting?

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Thu Mar 20 18:42:15 CET 2008

On Mar 20, 2008, at 12:35 PM, Ian Bicking wrote:

> I've heard talk of Teach Me Twisted, but don't know much about the
> format.  Except that Steve turned it into a drinking game.  Are there
> any other details about the format?  Just sit down, everyone with a
> computer, and get everyone to start writing some code?

	Steve started with the premise that he knew a little bit about
Twisted, but not enough to feel confident in using it in his apps. He
would start by summarizing what he knew, and the folks in the crowd
would correct him if he misunderstood something, or elaborate on some
things that weren't very clear to him. Those of us in the audience who
were in the same boat as Steve learned a lot, as I had similar gaps of
understanding of Twisted. It certainly didn't hurt to have Glyph and
other Twisted folks in the crowd!

-- Ed Leafe