[Chicago] Vi or Emacs

Jason Rexilius jason at hostedlabs.com
Mon May 26 00:52:27 CEST 2008

to quote the age old saying, "emacs is a great operating system, its a
terrible editor though.."

I can't say that I've really used emacs but for a brief trial run in 98,
but I have heard nothing about it that doesn't always circle back to how
extensible it is.

The question I think, is how extensible do you need and is doing that in
vim easier or haredr than re-learning a new way of working?

I would probably spend some cycles thinking about what you would
actually need and seeing how hard that would be to implement in vim then
comparing that with loss of efficiency in changing editor worlds.

will send some examples shortly..