[Chicago] Next meeting...So far

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Sat Nov 1 17:27:01 CET 2008

Since nobody said they will organize for me, I guess I can do it
again. I was just trying to pass the torch around a bit.

Let's brain storm a bit:

	* I have a projector
         * Lets aim for a nice venue in the loop, this time (any
offers, suggestions)
         * Sounds like Pete Fein, stepped up to help or present
         * Rosemont is evil
         * David Durham may have something to present on (may not)
         * There has been some talk about "integerated wiki + forums"
         * There has been talk about CMS like Drupal, equivalents
         * Steve Githens can talk about PyLucid

Notes on the last two meetings: they were both successful but very
different in content between each other.  The earlier of the two had
lots of code on the screen samples. I love this.  The later one used
lots of higher level theoretical / social talks.  Ideally, it would be
nice to see presenters keep both ends of the spectrum in mind.  Its ok
to show some Python code (well, unless its bad, but that still might
be interesting).  Likewise, putting the code int o context is
important.  Put code in context, show context in code. Make sense?

I still liked it when we did a module of a month. We need to get back
to basics and welcome newcomers.  Do not fear presenting on something
really simple. Just keep things lively.  Ever thing about giving a
presentation on one particular language feature?

Your thoughts,

Brian Ray