[Chicago] Metra Rail schedule -> sql db

Bob Hays purplehayz at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 7 16:16:55 CET 2008

Is that web app on the http://www.alephnaught.com/ domain?  If so, drop me a
reply - I have some (notably ugly) Java code that scrapes the site and
creates XML files as a result - it would be a slam dunk to load those XML
into a DB IMHO.

The XML files are also up on my web site in case you want to take a look at
the format.

(Probably should have done this in Python in hindsight, but that's 20-20)

It would take some effort to create a minimal jar file of source + binaries,
but I could do it if someone really wanted it.

I'm no longer in the Chicagoland area, so I'm not keeping it up to date
(except by request, and I have had two since I moved to SoCal in March [its
going to be 86F and bright sunshine today]).

Good luck! - Bob