[Chicago] [ANN] ChiPy November Meeting Thursday the 13th at DePaul

Allan Spale allan2600 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 19:52:14 CET 2008

Hi Ray,

I have studied stackless enough to probably know what I am talking about.
Plus, I could also talk about how some major elements of stackless are
already present in the standard release of Python. Given the short amount of
time to prepare, I probably could have a talk ready that will last about 20
minutes with the remaining time for a code demo or general questions.

With respect to content, I could do a mix of concrete and theoretical. What
sort of mix would you prefer (e.g. 80% concrete, 20% theory)? I say this
because stackless is not something that is super-amazing, but to understand
it properly, it well would most likely require some brief overview of a
comparison to switching using heavy-weight processes or light-weight threads
as well as a brief mention of pre-emptive vs. cooperative scheduling.

Let me know if you want me to go ahead with this.

Allan