[Chicago] DVCS Workflows?

Peter Harkins ph at malaprop.org
Thu Nov 20 23:10:11 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 01:58:53PM -0600, Cosmin Stejerean wrote:
> Speaking of bringing pieces together, I just discovered gist, a pastebin on
> steroids of sorts from Github.

You've just mentioned what I was going to chime in to point out, that
Gist is a really nice pastebin. Syntax highlighting and easy to edit and
share tweaks.

So I'll just settle for sharing links to the Gist editor plugins:
http://github.com/blog/233-gist-support-for-textmate
http://github.com/blog/234-gist-vim-and-gist-el

There's also a nice blog post about the github gem:
http://github.com/blog/214-the-new-improved-github-gem

My two cents on Github is that it's a nice place to share code without
having to Set Up A Project* and makes for a nice introduction to the
sometimes-intimidating git alongside git-scm.com.

* http://kiloblog.com/post/sharing-code-for-what-its-worth/

In conclusion, I have nothing original to say. There's this big web of
jerks who've written up all my interesting thoughts before I've had a
chance to think them.

--
Peter Harkins  -  http://push.cx  -  http://NearbyGamers.com