[Chicago] DVCS Workflows?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Nov 21 00:40:01 CET 2008

    >> But then what?

    Carl> then you paste the url you are given.

    Carl> best to just try it.

Ok, so I paste the "git clone ..." command and then clone the repo it
created for me:

    git clone git://gist.github.com/27274.git gist-27274

I have a little git repo with one file in it.  How is that better than
viewing a little snippet of code in irc (aside for irc's line-by-line
nature)?  Why does it matter that I told github that the code I typed was
Python?  It gave me a file with a .sc extension (which means what?).  Where
does the syntax highlighting and stuff come into play?  Seems like much ado
about nothing to me.

Skip