[Chicago] python Question

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Tue Nov 25 20:39:54 CET 2008

Ted Pollari wrote:
>>> http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=chicago+user+group+best+ever
>>
>> http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=python+user+group+best+ever
>>
>> spoiler: still us!
>

> The first time I ran that an hour or so ago, it was the Chicago Linux
> Group...

Though it can be painful for the ego, Google doesn't give everyone the
same results.  Painful for the ego, because at first it seems like the
things you find interesting are generally interesting to everyone (just
look at the Google Rank!) but in fact Google is adjusting the results
based on things you've found interesting in the past.

I think if you log out of Google you get pretty neutral results though
(not exactly the same for everyone, but not biased to your own interests).

--
Ian Bicking : ianb at colorstudy.com : http://blog.ianbicking.org