[Chicago] encrypting 5gb files?

Lukasz Szybalski szybalski at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 01:52:47 CET 2008

I guess one of the reasons is that some of them are 5gb zip , some are
5gb tar.gz, 5gb tar.bz2, and some are just binary 5gb files that there
is no point of compressing them, so I would like to keep it keep it
consistent.

This is a good idea do....!!! Low securitiry but probably fast.

Lucas

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 4:44 PM, Kenneth P. Stox <ken at stox.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 15:09 -0600, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
>>
>> I'm mostly uploading zip files to minimize storage charges. Max file
>> size is 5gb on s3.
>> You can transfer to s3 using http or https.
>
> If you are zipping the files, and do not need strong encryption, why not
> just use the encryption option while zipping them up?

Turbogears2 Manual
http://lucasmanual.com/mywiki/TurboGears2
Bazaar and Launchpad
http://lucasmanual.com/mywiki/Bazaar