[Chicago] python prob

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Fri Nov 28 14:56:11 CET 2008

On Nov 28, 2008, at 2:49 AM, Craig Petty wrote:

> i can't find hashlib or bz2 for fedora 10.

I do not recall it being this hard to compile 2.6 on fedora 10. My
suggestion would be posting your configure line or even heading to
#chipy or #python... for hands on help.

One thing that could be worth looking into is making sure that
autoconfig can see the necessary pieces. If the environment variables
are not set up properly in the shell where your trying to build, it
may not see some of the shared libraries or headers it needs to build
any project.  One way to fix this is to explicitly point to where
these items may be found. For example, libbz2 should be located under /
usr/lib/ for fedora.  I can call " ./configure --help" to get a list
of option for configure.  It says there I can set the environment
variable LDFLAGS and things like that or explicitly include the bz2
library.

hth,

Brian Ray