[Chicago] encrypting 5gb files?

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Sat Nov 29 02:57:54 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 05:23:50PM -0500, drunkenbatman wrote:
> GPG as part of your workflow is just as easy (encrypt out with your
> key), but if sending something to someone and don't want to have to
> explain private/public keys and such, I just use OpenSSL, eg:
> You'll have to deal with a password prompt, and while you could stash a
> password file and include it for convenience at that point probably
> better to look at using GPG... HIH

Well, yes, since attaching the password file is very like painting the
combination on the outside of the door of a safe...

...which may protect against some threat, though I can't offhand think
of a non-silly one that fits.  I mean, sure, a blind safecracker, but
what about his sighted assitant who helps him get to and from the room
with the safe in?  Silly.

--
In high-resolution print typography, designers enjoy considerable freedom
and control over the articulation of this [font size] range. In