[Chicago] 2 unique keys in a python dict?

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Thu Oct 9 22:59:45 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 01:45:36PM -0500, Massimo Di Pierro wrote:
> In a more concise terms. Say I have a table "mytable" with a column a
> (double) and b (string) and want to read data in from a csv file, group
> by b, add all a's for the same b and write the result back in CSV. In
> web2py I do (complete code):

I guess that's your hammer - this only made me wonder why anyone would
use a web framework and a database for that problem.  Or what if
anything it means that this is so nearly builtin to one.

Some kinds of waste really are disgusting. SUVs, for example,
would arguably be gross even if they ran on a fuel which would
never run out and generated no pollution. SUVs are gross because
they're the solution to a gross problem. (How to make minivans
look more masculine.)  -- Paul Graham