[Chicago] Integrated wiki + forums

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Thu Oct 16 22:51:13 CEST 2008

Bob Haugen wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 3:31 PM, Ian Bicking <ianb at colorstudy.com> wrote:
>> Garrett Smith wrote:
>>> This looks pretty cool. It's nice to have something that's tackling
>>> the "composite application" story in Python. It'd be interesting to
>>> see if this model could be peeled away from dependence on a full
>>> stack like Django and turned into a middleware architecture -- like
>>> wsgi but for apps.
>> That's kind of the idea of a project I'm working on:
>>  http://deliverance.openplans.org
>
> Ian,  I'm also interested in Deliverance.  But you might ponder the
> history of Pinax.  People talked about composite apps and built little
> tidbits for a year, but it took off when a few of them actually built
> and deployed (over a weekend, I think) a working demonstration
> composite app.  Got anything like that in mind?

In part I want to scrape together the right process management pieces
and whatnot, so I can actually put up a demo that works and stays up.
I'm afraid I've had too many fragile demos so now I go with conservative
deployments (like the current static site) until I... well, until I
figure out how this should all plug together beyond just the HTTP/HTML
parts (which is another separate but highly related piece).

--
Ian Bicking : ianb at colorstudy.com : http://blog.ianbicking.org