[Chicago] Rain

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Mon Sep 15 18:12:29 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Tom Tobin <korpios at korpios.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 9:47 AM, sheila miguez <shekay at pobox.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Jordan Sherer <jordan at widefido.com> wrote:
>>> How is everybody holding up with all of this rain?
>>
>> My parents held up fine. No trees fell on their house, no flooding.
>> The levy in Port Arthur held.
>>
>> Carl didn't fare so well though. water in basement, water in
>> neighbor's basement, run on pumps at Home Depot.
>
> Geez, where *are* you guys?  I'll be apartment hunting again this
> coming spring (likely the north side), and I'd like to avoid anywhere
> so easily flooded ... ^_^  Over here in southern Oak Park we've barely
> noticed a thing.

Carl's in Niles.

My place was okay and I'm near the Ravenswood stop. Over on Foster
near the parks there (after Pulaski?) there was some extreme flooding.
When you do your search check out where the branches of the Chicago
river are and take that into consideration. Part of it flows through
Albany Park, under lawrence, etc.

Maybe we could get flood map info on every block.

--
sheila