[Chicago] Rain

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Sep 15 21:48:03 CEST 2008

    Dan> Does anybody happen to know how badly Winnetka (or nearby suburbs)
    Dan> got hit? Would one have to worry about basement flooding?

I think you have to worry about basement flooding everywhere.  A lot of it
depends on how well your property drains, how clear your gutters and
downspouts are, etc.  I live in central Evanston and had no problem.  My
boss also lives in Evanston less than a mile from me.  He had a few inches
of water in his basement.  People across the street and down a few houses
also had water problems based upon the amount of water I saw being pumped to
the street.  Our next door neighbors and the neighbors behind us had ponds
for back yards.

Skip