[Chicago] Teach Me <something> at a ChiPy meeting?

Cosmin Stejerean cstejerean at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 23:03:49 CEST 2008

Pulling a branch into a separate repository is not a problem with any
of the DVCS solutions, but that is quite different from pulling out a
folder from a project out into a separate repository just for that
folder. I'm not aware of any existing solutions, but it should be
possible to put together a script that examines the commits in order,
figures out which commits touch only the files you want, creates a
series of patches that only touch that subfolder then apply all those
patches in order on to a new repository.

--
Cosmin Stejerean
http://blog.offbytwo.com