[Chicago] pyinstall

Jason Huggins jason at jrandolph.com
Wed Sep 24 20:54:46 CEST 2008

---------------------------

Pete wrote:
> FYI, you can force setuptools to unzip using the --always-unzip option...
> right there in the --help
>
> To make that permanent, plus lots of other great tips, see my talk:
> "Using Setuptools: Your Head vs. The  Wall"
> http://pfein.s3.amazonaws.com/s5-setuptools/s5-setuptools.html

Jason writes:

<blushing> Thanks, Ian and Pete.... At first annoyance with
easy_install, I should have spent 5 more minutes googling around to
see if unzipping by default was, in fact, an option. In my ignorance,
I assumed easy_install + eggs was (ahem) a packaged deal. </blushing>

- Jason