[Chicago] Reviewboard

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Fri Sep 26 19:53:26 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Pete <pfein at pobox.com> wrote:

> Seriously, I think the evidence is pretty clear at this point that SVN, etc.
> suck less than CVS.  A lot less.  Personally, CVS would be a red flag for me
> when considering a new job or the like.

I use that for screening jobs. I ask about tools and process. I don't
want to work for anyone who doesn't do code reviews, or have good
version control, or have insane release cycles,  is strict waterfall,
etc. bad signs.

If find out they use reviewboard (or some other tool), svn or
something at least at that level (here we use accurev, at other jobs
I've used clearcase and svn), then I have some minimum expectation
that they have good code hygiene and other goodnesses.

--
sheila