[Chicago] There once was a cute little GIL...

David Beazley d-beazley at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 9 15:45:13 CEST 2009

... and it kept all of the good little Python programs in line.  Well,
all until they moved out to the burbs into a shiny new multicore
subdivision.  Then the GIL ripped off its mask to reveal its true
identity. "Holy smokes, it's ...."

This message is just a friendly reminder that it's not too late to
sign up for the "Concurrency Workshop" I'm  running next month in
Chicago. Learn the exciting conclusion of this story and many others.

- Learn why Python threads run worse on a multicore machine than on a
single CPU
- Asynchronous I/O.  What is it good for?
- The multiprocessing module--now part of the standard library!
- More than you ever wanted to know about pickles
- Generators and coroutines, oh yes.
- Did I mention ctypes?
- Unlimited coffee and snacks---all day long!

Further details at http://www.dabeaz.com/chicago

Cheers,
Dave