[Chicago] deployment tools

Garrett Smith g at rre.tt
Wed Aug 19 18:22:38 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Milan Andric<mandric at gmail.com> wrote:

> Garret, my initial approach is to use shell scripting until it gets
> too ugly or needs some tricky features and then port it to python.
> It's true shell is more transparent here as well since we have no
> python code in production yet ... still I imagine the team will prefer
> python over shell.

If you think the complexity of your code will require Python, even if
down the road, over bash scripting, it's probably worth the cost to
adopt/experiment with some of these management frameworks.

It'll be interesting to hear your experience with whatever you end up
doing. I hope you report back at some point!