[Chicago] Unicode for Janurary?

Jordan Bettis jordanb at hafd.org
Thu Dec 10 05:33:48 CET 2009

Hi.

I'd like to do a talk on Unicode in January, if the group thinks that
that would be of interest.

The idea would to be to focus on the particulars of the standard
itself: the how and why behind things like the various encodings,
normalization, etc. I figure it'd also show the python interface for
interacting with the various features. But I'd like to cover things
conceptually, rather than as a tutorial on the Python API.

I mentioned this on IRC and Chuck suggested that it be a talk on
Internationalization in general, but I'm thinking that might be too
much to cover in one session.

Would people be interested in a talk about Unicode in January, with a
possible option to cover i18n later if it goes well?

Thanks,

--
Jordan Bettis
http://hafdconsulting.com