[Chicago] Best practices for installing and maintaining python for multiple versions.

Dave N Dave_N at comcast.net
Tue Dec 15 05:25:02 CET 2009

Hi,

So I've acquired a new laptop. It's a windows 7 laptop.

After setting up python for several personal and work machines, I've
come to conclusion that there must be a better way. I can't seem to
find it, so I thought I would turn to chipy...

I use and experiment with the following installations, roughly in
order of importance.

CPython 2.x (2.6)
CPython 3.x (3.1)
IronPython (2.6)
AppEngine
Jython

I also use several add on modules and have written a few of my own. I
haven't yet figured a good way to install in a sustainable way. For
example, when 2.7 comes out, how do I migrate all of modules over to
that.

Thanks in advance for any ideas...

Dave