[Chicago] February Meeting

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 05:25:10 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:55 PM, Ian Bicking <ianb at colorstudy.com> wrote:
> Also: I think we've reached consensus that we should have a short non-Python
> presentation.  Ideally not a programming-language presentation at all.  We
> just need someone to step up to be off topic.

Agreed!  There was mention at the bar once about a presentation on the
art of brewing beer.  But the general idea was just to have one
non-Python presentation, it could be anything.

Also, I think we have reached critical mass of talk proposals so
perhaps it is time to stack them all up and put it to a vote?  As for
number of talks, we know that each ChiPy meeting is always better than
the last, but to risk a meeting that may be
only-slightly-better-than-the-last I vote we keep talks to a maximum
of 60 minutes total (two 30 min talks or the equivalent in lightning
talks).  Unless someone convinces me that we can go 90 minutes.

Kumar