[Chicago] Call for Presentations for January Meeting

David Durham, Jr. david.durham.jr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 15:49:22 CET 2009

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Brian Ray <bray at sent.com> wrote:

> On Jan 3, 2009, at 12:17 PM, Daniel Griffin wrote:
>
>> If we do language comparisons I would be willing to do 2 minutes of plain
>> old C or something.
>

> It might be a good idea to set up lightening talks on different
> languages--meanwhile filling out a language comparison sheet by each
> presenter.  Each presenter will fill in the specific questions for that
> particular language in comparison to Python.
>
> How does this sound?

Sounds fine to me.  I'd be willing to talk about Groovy, unless
someone else wants to cover it.  Hint: I only have about 2 weeks of
experience with Groovy.  Still, I could talk about purely language
specific stuff and show a few examples.   Aside from just the language
improvements over plain Java, Groovy "builders" are interesting.

-Dave