[Chicago] ChiPy Needs your Help!

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Mon Jan 5 16:30:34 CET 2009

Thursday's Meeting will be our best yet. Nonetheless, the format will
be an ambitious one. I need your help, ASAP.

It looks like we will finally get an language comparison lightening
talk session. Yay! I started an outline of or Topics:

   <http://chipy.org/FrontPage>

What I really need is two things:

	1)  A presentation more capable than Carl or myself to do an
introduction to Py3K.  Is there anyone local (or remote who will
travel) willing to present on this very important topic? Any core
Python people out there?  It would be great if we can have: overview,
examples, and a FAQ section.  This can be sliced and diced anyway we
like: between multiple speakers or all at once. I just feel it is our
duty to address this topic. If nobody is found I will make due. But,
please, help me look.

	2)  Secondly, Those willing to to quick (15 min) comparisons to
Python to any other language. Like I said, the rough list is started.
I would really like to get 10 or some, some serious and some not so
serious.   There *WILL* be a couple of areas each presenter will need
to address.  This should be really fun.

We have a great new venue Roosevelt University Historic Auditorium
Building on Michigan Avenue and Congress--I am also the host since it
is my alma mater. Everyone please try and contribute to make this the
best meeting yet and to welcome 2009.

Thanks,

Brian Ray