[Chicago] to lawer or not Was: something unrelated

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Tue Jan 6 05:55:38 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 07:59:43PM -0600, Carl Karsten wrote:
> Ian Bicking wrote:
>> something, isn't worth it IMHO.  I'm worried some people have a
>> knee-jerk reaction about the GPL that is based on unrealistic claims of
>> its "viral" nature.
>
> Yeah, I have wondered about that - I hear "GPL infected" now and then.

I'm starting to think that I ran into an Ian hot button.  If that's the
case, please understand that I was explaining that the GPL doesn't
reach out and destroy your rights to people many years ago.  If Ian and
I still disagree about getting legal advice in a serious position,
well, that's been done to death by now.

--
The avoidance of idiocy should be the primary and constant concern
of every intelligent person.  -- Nero Wolfe