[Chicago] Venue Adjustment

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Tue Jan 6 20:24:49 CET 2009

Brian Ray wrote:

> On Jan 6, 2009, at 10:43 AM, sheila miguez wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Brian Ray <bray at sent.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The timeline will probably be longer than 5 min. More like 10-15
>>> depending
>>> on how many languages we end up with.  We will keep things very high
>>> level
>>> this time around. How is compiled / ran? Data types? Who owns? OO
>>> features?
>>> Is it a standard or have a enhance process (like PEPs)? Who uses?
>>> Standard
>>> Library Features? ....  If there is interest in one lighting talk we can
>>> roll it out as a full presentation in a future ChiPy meeting.
>>
>> Ian's sensible comment on how the languages could be covered has +1
>> from me. I nominate him for providing agenda guidelines.
>

> I am ok with this, did Ian offer to run the meeting, as well? Ian?

I suppose I could run the meeting.  Here's my current thoughts on an
outline:

1. Why does this language exist?
2. What's cool about the language, that Python should steal?
3. What's cool about the language, that Python couldn't steal if it tried?
4. When should you think about using the language instead of Python?

And maybe something with Garrett's suggestion, like:

5. How does the programming language affect how you think about programming?

--
Ian Bicking : ianb at colorstudy.com : http://blog.ianbicking.org