[Chicago] Graphing libraries

David Durham david.durham.jr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 17:23:07 CET 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Garrett Smith <g at rrett.us.com> wrote:
> ----- "Christopher Allan Webber" <cwebber at dustycloud.org> wrote:
>
>> Hot damn.  I haven't tried it yet, but those graphs are *sexy*.
>>
>> "Kevin Harriss" <special.kevin at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I have heard a lot of good things about CairoPlot[1].
>
> I'm actually thinking about moving the graphing function out to the client using Flash. There are some compelling benefits all around -- in particular, the client handles the load, which turns out to be non-trivial at even moderate scale on the server.
>
> And you like sexy, Flash can create stuff that's downright nasty slinky.

Here's a Demo of GWT-Ext charts:

  http://www.gwt-ext.com/demo-charts/

Look like this demo uses YUI charts underneath, with a GWT wrapper
being the primary developer API (a.k.a., the leaky abstraction).

Not sure what Pyjamas has to offer in the way of charts.  Probably
simple enough to write a Pyjamas wrapper for YUI charts if one does
not exist.

-Dave