[Chicago] Graphing libraries

Garrett Smith g at rrett.us.com
Mon Jan 19 23:33:38 CET 2009

----- "James Snyder" <jbsnyder at fanplastic.org> wrote:

> If you're looking for some user interaction on the client side as well, without the ugliness of doing it in Flash

I'll bite.

So, I have a Flash disabler on Firefox (I recommend it) to avoid the obvious problems with ads. I do though appreciate the fact I can watch decent quality streaming video. The experience is 1000% better than running Java in the browser and, all in all, really not bad at all.

I totally dig Google street view, which, as I recall, uses Flash.

I can't really imagine running a desktop browser without Flash. Perhaps though I'm missing something -- is Adobe funding diamond mining in Senegal with their Flash juggernaut?