[Chicago] Snakebitten

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 06:24:38 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 8:18 PM, Kumar McMillan
<kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, does anyone know more about this?

[answering my own question...]

Here is the intro letter from Trent Nelson:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-committers/2009-January/000331.html

Titus Brown is also working on it.  It's pretty much the pybots
project on steroids and it sounds like they have a lot of backing to
make it succeed.  I.E. Microsoft has given tons of licenses for all
Windows testing needs, etc.  For those who don't know pybots --
http://code.google.com/p/pybots/ -- the concept is the same.  If you
run an active open source project (like Python, Django, etc) and it
has a test suite, then you should be constantly running that test
suite on *all* the hardware / OS configurations that your users will
be using.  That will give you immediate feedback when subtle bugs
creep in during development.

This snakebite thing opens up all the access problems that the pybots
project had.  In other words, who's going to login to the specific
environment to diagnose a broken build?  With snakebite, you are!