[Chicago] threads and xmlrpc?

Tim Gebhardt tim at gebhardtcomputing.com
Thu Jan 29 16:02:33 CET 2009

If xmlrpc obeys the HTTP standard connection limit, you're limited to 2
concurrent connections per host.
Hammering PyPi's server with more than 5 concurrent connections is also a
little inconsiderate on your own part (please don't take this as an insult.
Email is one-dimensional communication).  I've mirrored Project Gutenberg
before and they heavily rate limit people who do that: 1 connection at a
time and a 2 second delay after every request.
-Tim Gebhardt
tim at gebhardtcomputing.com