[Chicago] Visio Altenatives

Atul Varma varmaa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 19:44:44 CET 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Brian Ray <bray at sent.com> wrote:

> I run primarily on Mac and have some limited access to other OSs. Dia does
> not say it runs on the mac, so alternatives that do, would be helpful.  I
> see Omni Graf does have Python support, but also, is commercial.  I like
> free and open so I can fix it if it breaks.

As far as I know, OmniGraffle doesn't break.  It is too bad that it's
commercial, even worse that the cool-looking SVG export feature is only
available on the couple-hundred-dollar professional version, but this is
seriously good software.  Really, really easy to use and it makes gorgeous
diagrams [1].  It's also what all the graphic/visual/UX designers I know
use, so there's lots of third-party stuff floating around for it as well.

- Atul

[1]
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Labs/Ubiquity/0.2_Design:_UI_and_Security_Extensibility#Proposed_Architecture